Our daily mission: to use design as a catalyst to build brands that thrive.
As a team, we have a relentless desire to create work that is smart, effective, and inspired. We seek relationships with like-minded clients who value the role that design plays in everyday life. Our grounded approach to brand design is a careful balance of creativity and strategy which yields solutions that are both inspiring and informative. We are a small group, with a diverse range of skills, operating in an engaging environment, and doing work that we have great passion for. Thatʼs what weʼre about.
- Scott Pryor, Graphic Designer + Principal. With more than 18 years in the brand design business, Scott brings a uniquely well-rounded approach to the creative development process. A graduate of Eastern Michigan University in 1990, Scott has also been an active member of the AIGA since 1996. As a founding partner of Phire Branding Company (formerly Steam Advertising & Design) and previously with Perich Advertising, Scott has won numerous industry awards in corporate/brand identity, packaging, print, collateral, and interactive design. More importantly, his work has been recognized by countless clients and peers as being innovative, smart, and effective.
- Deanna Sgambati, Principal. Graduating in 1990 with a degree in Liberal Arts from The University of Michigan, Deanna has been in the design business for more than 10 years. Co-founder of Pryor Design Company with husband Scott, she was also the financial/business lead with him at both Steam Advertising and Phire Branding. Focusing on the overall direction of the firm, Deanna is solely in charge of client services and also assists in how PDCo. strategically shapes individual relationships with clients. She also makes a chocolate chip granola cookie that she'll readily use to woo potential clients. Want one?
- Laura Vernon, Graphic Designer. As a Cum Laude graduate of Western Michigan University, Laura earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts in graphic design. Before joining Pryor Design Company, she was a designer at Mars Advertising and worked on the GlaxoSmithKline account among others. Laura brings a level of creative enthusiasm and attention to detail that will surely apply to her work on both print and interactive media. In her free time, Laura enjoys _______ and _______, but don't ask her to _______ or she'll _______ your _______.
- Brandon Goldsworthy, Graphic Designer. Brandon is an experienced designer in the development of brand identity systems for small businesses as well as global industry leaders. After graduating from East Carolina University with a BFA in graphic design, he served as a designer at the Raleigh-based design agency Ulanguzi, followed by a position at Capstrat, a strategy group specializing in multi-media campaigns and brand management. At Pryor Design, Brandon plays a key role in the development of packaging, print, viral marketing, website design and multi-media campaign development. On a more serious note, when asked what his last meal in prison would consist of, he said White Castle sliders and Bojangles' sweet tea. Without hesitation.
- Brandon Jacques, Web Designer + Developer. With more than 12 years in web design and development, Brandon brings a uniquely balanced approach to the development of online and interactive creative work. He has a wealth of experience in the online marketplace for such clients as Reebok, Pennzoil and Mazda, just to name a few. Brandon’s focus has been on the creation of engaging interactive work with the purpose of extending effective branding into the interactive space. With a background in both the design and programming of online creative, and a strong understanding of the digital space, he's a proven, valuable asset for our clients.